To offer caring support and grief education to persons who have experienced bereavement due to the death of a significant person in their lives.
- Volunteer Grief Writers to send quarterly notes or cards offering caring support and prayerful remembrance to families at St. Brendan’s parish who have had the death of a significant person
- Offers Good Grief Support sessions in the spring and fall to provide caring support and grief education
- Support our parish in setting up activities for those dealing with grief and bereavement
Compassionate, caring, listening and communication skills
Training & Time Commitment
- Volunteer Grief Writers meet with ministry leaders to discuss sending notes or cards
- New facilitators must have completed a grief education program plus meet with ministry leaders to be oriented to facilitator training