St Brendan the Navigator is a vibrant, growing Parish in Cumming, GA. We currently serve more than 4,000 families with dynamic programming and special events designed to bring our families closer to God and fully live their Catholic faith. In addition to our Parish services we operate a one of the largest Preschoools in the Archdiocese of Atlanta and fully support our volunteer-driven Food Pantry that serves more than 100 clients in Forsyth County.
Below are our currently available paid opporunties; however, there's always a place for you to lend your time and talent to our Church. Various volunteer opportunities are available on our Ministry pages. If you have any questions or need more information email us at [email protected]. We'd love to hear from you!
Join our facilities team as a part-time staff member responsible for general maintenance assistance within various church buildings as well as incidental cleaning as directed.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry, electrical, plumbing, heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), etc.) Performs general cleaning and other tasks as assigned. This is a part-time, exempt hourly position, reporting to the Facilities Director.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Paint, remodel, refurbish areas as needed
- Repair, maintain/monitor all equipment and amenities
- Clean windows and glass doors
- Possible- Change all HVAC filters as required or requested
- Prepare classrooms for incoming classes
- Remove or rearrange furniture for events or classes, as needed
- Remove and properly dispose of all recyclable materials
- Change light bulbs, interior and exterior, as needed
- Make ready all classrooms, meeting spaces, and gatherings areas as needed
- On call maintenance for all facilities, 24/7
- Maintain exterior property, including snow and ice remediation as needed
- Assist with all ministries installs/removals
- Oversee daily trash removal, restocking/cleaning restrooms, sweeping/mopping/vacuuming, cleaning/disinfecting tables and counters, cleaning exterior entryway, graffiti removal, cleaning/polishing/floor maintenance for elevators, cleaning/disinfecting community surfaces (hand rails, water fountains, vending machines, etc.)
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
- Must be able to work flexible hours
Call or email Deacon Bill Lange for more information, 770-205-7969 x31, [email protected].
Substitute Preschool Teacher
Do you love working with children and want a flexible working schedule? Consider becoming a substitute teacher at our Preschool. As a substitute you’ll assist the lead teacher and have fun helping with crafts, snack, playground, and circle time. Call or email Lori DeRoche for more information, 770-205-7969 x19, [email protected].