Assistant Director of Preschool Job Description
Title: Assistant Director for Preschool
Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time (“Preschool Year” Months Only)
Reports to: Director of Preschool
Position Purpose: The Assistant Director is responsible for assisting in the daily operations, planning, supervision, implementation and oversight of the parish’s developmentally appropriate preschool program.
- Participates in interviews, hiring decisions and supervision of staff members.
- Supports curriculum instruction through classroom observations and lesson plan reviews.
- Participates in staff orientation for volunteers and staff members.
- Participates in the planning of monthly staff meetings.
- Provides early childhood education expertise, training and support.
- Assists in the maintenance of all staff, volunteer, and children’s records.
- Supports and cooperates with the policies and procedures of the Office of Parish Early Childhood Programs.
- Assists in the development of program guidelines based on guidelines provided by Office of Parish Early Childhood Programs.
- Assists in scheduling in-service, workshops, staff development, and CPR/First Aid trainings.
- Acts as liaison with the Office of Parish Early Childhood Programs by attending quarterly Director’s Forums and Quality Assurance reviews.
- Participates in the reviews and evaluations of the facility, program and activities to ensure quality, health and safety.
- Assists in the monitoring and maintenance of licensing requirements, exemptions, accreditation standards and Quality Assurance requirements.
- Supports NAEYC and the accreditation process when applicable.
- Assists in the management of financial resources.
- Provides program information to parish and community.
- Communicates with staff, volunteers and parents.
- Performs classroom duties when necessary.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a 2-year Associates or CDA in Early Childhood, Elementary Education, Child Development, Human Services or a related field. (Bachelor’s preferred)
- Three or more years of experience working with young children in a childcare center, family day care, nursery, or preschool setting.
- Catechetical certification preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Have current completion of biennial training in CPR and First Aid.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Active member of the Roman Catholic faith.
- Successfully pass a background investigation.